I'm planning an easy fast: Thanksgiving.
I know that sounds crazy, because that is THE holiday for food, and bingeing, and what "normal" people (I don't think I believe in the concept of "normal" anymore... more on that momentarily) may call "comfort food". But here's the logic behind my decision:
I have a very long car ride to get to North Carolina and Virginia to visit my extended family. My parents will be driving and I will sleep, thus eliminating a full day of eating by sleeping, or pretending to, through meals. Or I can be car sick, whichever they're more likely to believe at the time of travel. Maybe both, for good measure.
Then I will get to my relatives' house, spend Thanksgiving wandering around with a full plate, leave it somewhere with half of it pushed into the trash, and get another plate for dessert which is even easier to get rid of--I set it down for two seconds and some small child will run up and eat the whole thing in four bites. Repeat at next house. And the next. Traveling home I'll sleep, be "sick", claim I'm still full from all the turkey. That's a good 5 days with no food. (I will be likely to fail at that, but maybe I can make it to the three day mark, have a small salad or saltines and fast again.)
I like that plan, and anyone is welcome to join me once again!
This week I'm restricting, because also over Thanksgiving I will be doing lots of what is one of my all-time favorite activities--SHOPPING!! :D
Oh wait... I need to say something about normality.
Normality is a concept ingrained in everyone's mind. There are acceptable things, and there are oddities, and there is just plain weird/wrongness. Here's a peek at what I once thought of as normal:
"The American Dream" a la Cat, is as follows (when I was five or six): I'd grow up, be a doctor/ballerina/hockey player with a husband who had brown hair and brown eyes and was at least one head taller than me. We'd have a son who looks like him, a daughter who looks like me, I'd look like Barbie, we'd live in a pink house with a red convertible and white shuttered windows and a white Christmas every year, the tree stretching up to the ceiling and decked with mountains of silver tinsle and tons of glass ornaments. There would be three fish and two cats and one puppy, my great uncle's parrot would live with us and our four canaries, and the parrot would teach the canaries how to talk.
"Who I Want to Be When I Grow Up" a la Cat, from a few years ago: I'd be a single mother (my husband died in a war, car accident, didn't matter, he just wasn't there), I'd wear a size two, have a set of fraternal twins, both brown haired/brown eyed and smart named William Thomas and Siena Catherine (or Joan Marie...), I'd drive a VW Bug in lime green (convertible, of course), and write books and be an artist.
"Goals", now: Die before I get too old (I don't want to reach 60 even... I hate the thought of wrinkling and aging), never marry, write poetry and create postcards/calenders, and most importantly be a size 0000000. Or 00, if that's the smallest one available.
See what I mean? CRAZY. And people consider me average! And I have seen what other people think normal is, and no one is sane in any way whatsoever. We all just act like we have some idea how humans are supposed to act. Please, as individuals, no human has the time to figure out what normal is! We can only live to be, what? One hundred at the oldest? 116 was the record? Yeah, no way is that enough time for anyone to figure out how to be human. So normalness is a concept that cannot exist due to time constraints. I'm not going to try anymore.
Wow, this has been a really long post. Thanks for bearing with me this far, if you have! Here's the part about fashions for winter I really like:
Sweaters (comfy and cozy, and pretty good for covering both fat and the loss of it!)

Sweater Dresses (even better!)

Shoes!!! (Need I say more?)


Dresses (I've always always wanted a winter dress... can't say why. I don't know.)
(Just that red one on the right....)

Coats (Got to keep warm!)


(This one looks all Hollywood-1925-1930... my favorite era!)
Now all of this was just me randomly flipping through some design sites that came up on Google. I doubt I will find anything half so fantastic, but I'll try, and I'll tell everyone about my purchases and the sales I'll be bound to find....
Now I just need to drop a few more pounds to make the shopping easier. :) Love you all, stay strong, I'll post soon! <3


2 comments:
Don't be to dissapionted! Three days is great! plus you didn't binge!
Good luck with thanksgiving! thank goodess we dont have it in britain =P. Hope you do ok!
stay strong
~Creative
x
Your thanksgiving plan sounds marvelous. You can do it!!
And i totally agree about the normal thing. There is no such thing as normal. I've been thinking that for some time now. It's good to know that i'm not alone.
Post a Comment